RIO (Reverse Implement Option)
- Mowing while backing up is strongly discouraged.
- An operator who deems it necessary and chooses to keep the mower (or other implement) engaged while backing up should first bring the tractor to a stop and look behind the tractor to be sure there are no bystanders. Then actuate (push in) the RIO button. The RIO button must be held down in the reverse implement position as the shift lever is moved into reverse (reverse foot pedal is depressed on automatic drive models).
- The operator may then release the button and the mower will continue to operate while they are backing up and also when they resume forward operation. The next time the operator chooses to keep the mower engaged while backing up, they must repeat this procedure. If the mower (PTO) is engaged and the operator shifts into reverse or depresses the reverse pedal prior to pressing the RIO button, ignition to the engine will be shut off. The engine will stop unless the operator either pushes on the RIO switch or shifts out of reverse.
- If the engine does stop, the operator must return the mower engagement (PTO) switch or lever to the ''off'' position, depress the brake pedal, and then turn the ignition switch to restart the engine.
- Power: 22 hp (16.4 kW)
- Displacement: 40 cu. in. (656 cc)
- Manufacturer: Briggs & Stratton
- Cylinders: V-twin
- Type: Overhead valve
- Oil Drain: No tools
- Charging System: 9 amp regulated
- Choke/Speed Control: One lever
- Fuel Tank Location: Rear
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4 gal. (2.25 gal. for California model)
- Fuel Sight Gauge, front
- Control: Two-pedal foot control
- Cruise Control
- Forward Speed: 0-5.5 mph
- Reverse Speed: 0-3.2 mph
- Frame: Full-length welded steel frame
- Primer/Paint: E-coat/powder
- Front Tires: 15x6-6
- Rear Tires: 20x10-8
- Front Axle: Cast iron
- Hood Material: JD Loy
- Floor Mats
- CargO Mount System
- Storage Pocket
- Service Interval Decal
- Tool Tray
- Turning Radius: 18 in.
- Uncut Circle Radius: 20 in. (48 in. mower)
- Seat Back Height: 15 in.
- Fore-aft Adjustment: 5 1/2 in. while seated
- Mower Cut Height: 1-4 in., 13 positions
- Cut Height Increments: 0.25 in.
- Mower Cutting Width: 48 in.
- Mower Deck Material: .105 in. (12 ga.)
- Mower Wash Port
- Easy-Level Deck
- Mower Drive System: Electric PTO
- Mulch Cover: Optional
- Front Draft Arms: Spring pin
- Rear Draft Arms: Spring pins
- Meets ANSI Standard
- Backup Protection: RIO
- Safety Video
- Wheelbase: 48.9-in. (124.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 70-in. (177.8 cm)
- Overall Width (includ. discharge chute): 60.3-in. (153 cm)
- Height: 45.7-in. (116 cm)
- Mower: 48 in. Edge (standard)
- Rear Bagger: 6.5 bu. 2-bag
- Mulching System: Standard
- Snow Blade: 46 in.
- Snow Blower: 44 in. two-stage
- Front Bumper: Two-bar styled front bumper
- Sun Canopy
- Bucket Holder
- Tow-Behind Tools: 14